- This event has passed.
2019 Senior Hunger Summit
September 11 @ 1:45 am - 10:00 am UTC-6$30
Lunch provided with $30 registration
CEUs for dietitians requested
For more information and to register: https://www.register.extension.iastate.edu/hungersummit/agenda
Questions? Contact Doris Montgomery at the Iowa Department of Public Health: email@example.com or 515.661.7913
The summit will convene a wide variety of stakeholders to:
1) Identify ways to strengthen senior nutrition programs and improve seniors’ access to healthy food.
2) Better understand the health implications of chronic food insecurity.
3) Identify opportunities to screen and intervene.
4) Share best practices and successful community models for healthy aging and reducing food insecurity, especially in rural communities
Who should attend?
- Professionals and volunteers who work with vulnerable seniors
- Advocates working to reduce hunger or food insecurity
- Caregivers, medical providers, social workers, dietitians and health educators, community health workers
- People interested in creating communities that support healthy aging
Sponsored by Iowa Department of Public Health and the Iowa Department on Aging