Now more than ever it’s important to find ways to connect, while we collectively practice social distancing. So, why not [virtually] connect with friends and family over food and help raise money for Eat Greater Des Moines!
Why is this important to EGDM?
Food has the power to bring people together. At Eat Greater Des Moines we know that food is just the beginning. Our memories are built around food—from the smell of chocolate chip cookies at grandma’s house to making homemade pizza with our kids on a Friday night. We believe that everyone deserves to create these positive memories of food, not negative ones. That is why we work so hard to make sure everyone has access to food, especially in these uncertain times.
Where do I start? It’s easy!
We’ve created a detailed guide with all the info you need to throw your own party!
Here are the steps:
- 1.) Host a virtual party (Zoom, FaceTime, Google Hangout) with friends anytime in the month of April.
- 2.) Invite friends, family, co-workers, your book club or whoever you are missing during this time. This is your chance to connect over food and a good cause!
- 3.) Choose a theme (ideas below) or create your own!
- 4.) Raise money to go towards EGDM’s efforts to make sure everyone has access to quality food.
- + Beer or Wine Tasting
- + Happy Hour
- + Local Ingredient Dishes
- + Pantry/Leftover Cook-Off
- + Cooking Demo
- + Support Local Restaurants
- + Create your own!
- Help support EGDM’s work!
- We created a specific online fundraising platform for individuals hosting a #ConnectingCommunities Virtual Party to make donations easy for you and your guests!
- Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy planning!