The Eat Greater Des Moines team is excited to welcome Samantha (Sami) Craig to the EGDM Team!
Sami is a student at Central College in Pella, IA, and she will be doing some service work for EGDM over the next few months! Sami is interested in data, analytics and during her time with EGDM, she will be working on managing food rescue data. We are so lucky to have Sami joining us!
- Where are you from? Where did you go to school?
I am a senior at Central College from Altoona, IA. I am majoring in Actuarial Science and Economics and minoring in Computer Science.
Why did you choose to do your service work with Eat Greater Des Moines?
- Eat Greater Des Moines stood out to me right away, as they mentioned they could use some help with data management. I enjoy working with and analyzing data, so they seemed like the perfect fit!
What will you be working on during your time with Eat Greater Des Moines?
- I will be helping maintain pickup and delivery data.
What are you most excited for? What do you hope to gain during your time at EGDM?
- I am excited to lend my skills to help EGDM more effectively manage and analyze their food delivery data. I am looking forward to seeing the impact that EGDM has on the community and gaining valuable knowledge of how I can make an impact, too.
- Share a favorite food memory!
- Every summer, my grandparents grow a patch of sweet corn. One of my favorite activities is picking sweet corn with my grandpa and shucking it together for supper. There’s no better combination than homegrown corn on the cob and BLT’s!
Welcome Sami, we are so happy to have you!